NDA stands for National Defence Academy is an academy of Indian Armed Forces. NDA exam is conducted twice in a year by UPSC (union public service commission) only for boys appearing or just cleared there intermediate or equivalent. It is the gateway for the students to join Indian Army, Air Force and Navy. It is a national level examination conducted two times in a year.
How to prepare for NDA 2021?
- Make your study plan smartly. Making a smart study plan is effective for better preparation strategy.
- First, you should clear your basic concept.
- You should have in-depth knowledge of General Knowledge and English.
- Do not forget to practice the previous year’s question papers.
- Revise your lessons as much as possible.
NDA Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Understanding the NDA exam pattern and syllabus will open doors to success in the exam. The written exam of NDA consists of two papers. Paper 1 is of Mathematics which carries 120 questions of 300 marks. Paper 2 is General Ability Test (GAT), which contains 150 questions of 600 marks. Each paper is of 2 1/2 hours. For selection, candidates are judged out of 1800 marks, where 900 marks are assigned to the written test and 900 marks to SSB.
|General Ability Test (Section-1: English)||200|
|General Ability Test (Section-1: General Knowledge)||400|
Trigonometry, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Differential Calculus, Probability, Vector Algebra, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, Algebra, Matrices and Determinants: Types of Matrices, Determinant of a matrix, Statistics.
General Ability Syllabus:
This section comprises of two parts, i.e. Part A & Part B. The part A contains topics like English vocabulary, Grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part B comprises of different topics from Chemistry, Physics, Current Events & Geography, General Knowledge, General Science, History.
NDA Recommended books
In NDA 2020, questions are asked from class 12 Mathematics. Also, candidates are required to be aware of the current happenings around the world to attempt a General Ability Test. Some of the recommended books for candidates are mentioned below.
- These books contain a vast explanation of mathematical concepts.
- It covers every minor topic mentioned in the syllabus like Sets and relations along with functions, quadratic equations, logarithms, trigonometry and geometry topics like circles, triangles, coordinates, etc.
- These books also include the tricks and shortcut methods for solving the questions. Also, Check 15 days NDA Preparation Tips and Best Books.
|English||NDA and NA National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Entrance Examination: 10 Practice Sets (English)||Expert Compilations|
|English||NDA INA Practice Papers: Conducted by UPSC (English)||Sachchida Nand Jha|
|General Knowledge||Objective General Knowledge & Current Affairs (Level 1)||Disha Experts|
|General Knowledge||Objective General Knowledge & Current Affairs (Level 2)||Disha Experts|
|Mathematics||Mathematics for NDA and NA: National Defence Academy and Naval Academy||R S Aggarwal|
|Mathematics||Quantitative aptitude for competitive examinations||RS Aggarwal|